Subcontracts Leader - CSC (Hanover, MD)
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:16 AM
Job Description:Essential Job Functions
- Develops subcontracts and changes of medium complexity and risk level, non-disclosures, teaming and other agreements and software licenses in accordance with corporate and area of assignment policies. Identifies additional approaches for subcontracts creation.
- Reviews, interprets, negotiates and administers subcontracts of medium complexity level and subcontract risk type. Identifies issues and surfaces same. Creates alternative courses of action to address issues and implements same as approved.
- Analyzes and reviews subcontracts of medium complexity and risk to identify areas of improvement or revision and to determine corporate risk, changes in relationships, law, etc.; creates, revises, implements and documents; prepares and provides alternative approaches to mitigate risk.
- Develops and evaluates bid packages of medium risk and complexity to meet business needs. Solicits and reviews proposals/quotations from vendors to support business needs. Performs cost and pricing analyses; determines appropriate approach and gathers information and implements same.
- Retains currency on subcontract regulations and contract law in appropriate areas. Researches changes or revisions to understand approach. Implements changes in contracts and other documents across the organization as appropriate in relation to regulations and laws.
- Acts as expert in providing support and assistance in proposals for new business. Creates appropriate approach and draft documentation to facilitate process.
- Acts as an interface and point of contact with the client and internal staff regarding subcontract issues; identifies and resolves issues and communicates approach.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in contract administration or procurement management
- Experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and all Agency Supplements, and Service Contract Act (SCA)
- Experience working with contract/subcontract law
- Good negotiation skills and training
- Good business and contract writing skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with customers, suppliers, and support personnel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to exercise creativity, judgment and leadership capabilities in interpreting and solving complex problems
- Ability to provide direction to other personnel
- Ability to recommend measures to improve processes
- Ability to multi-task
• Location: Hanover
• Post ID: 6756449 annapolis